If you’ve ever worried that some of the ideas running around in your head are just TOO weird for the world, I’d like you to have a peek into my mind.
Since I prefer to keep my skull intact, I figure the best way to share it all with you is to just bring this nonsense to life and give it a home. That home is Studio Moonfall. And I’d like you to come to the Grand Opening on September 21st and 22nd at 5031 7th Avenue, Kenosha, Wisconsin. Sign up for it here – https://www.facebook.com/events/368800657147896
Studio Moonfall is an independent publisher of art & madness and we’re opening up shop in downtown Kenosha. Brought to you by me, Donovan Scherer, I’m the author and illustrator of the Fear & Sunshine series (a story of monsters, mad science, and a little hippie girl) as well as a handful of other things. If you’re looking for all-ages adventures in horror, fantasy, and science fiction, I’m here to help.
The shop will be many things all at once because why would I possibly want to settle on just one idea? Here’s what we have coming:
- The Publishing Workshop – A place where I can work on my projects and you can get a sneak peek at what’s coming up
- The Gift Shop – Buy something for yourself or anyone you know who needs a creative outlet
- The Educatron – Still working on setting this up, but I plan on carrying How to Draw/Write books, STEM project kits, and other things to help you sharpen your skills
- The Comic Con – The dedicated Artist Alley of the shop will feature professional and independent artists, comic creators, and writers every week so you can see how to make a living with your work
- The Bookstore – Get Fear & Sunshine and all my other books in the shop and begin your descent into Madness!
While I’ll continue with my never-ending world tour of comic conventions, art fairs, and the Kenosha Harbor Market, I wanted to have a place where you know you can find me to get some books, art, or just pick my brain for your own adventures into self-publishing.
For now, the plan is to have the shop open every Sunday 10-5pm starting after the Grand opening. I’ll be expanding into weekdays ASAP but for now will be hanging onto my soul-sucking day job (though we could ditch that with your support through https://www.patreon.com/donovanscherer or https://studiomoonfall.com/amazon)
The workshop is already looking awesome and once I add the finishing touches, it’ll be something weird and wonderful so I hope you can come have a look at our next step on the path of movies and a theme park.
If you’re ready to help be part of a place bringing monsters to life, sign up for the Studio Moonfall Grand Opening on Facebook and be the thing that goes bump in the night!