Ties That Bind Publishing is a family owned and operated publishing company. Husband and wife, William and LaTia had always talked about their dreams of writing stories. Initially, about their own adventurous lives; and with the arrival of their son in 2017, the dreams grew! With LaTia’s love for reading, writing & poetry, William’s uncanny storytelling & their son CJ’s comedic and charismatic personality; we knew it was a must to make our dreams a reality.
But life, as life sometimes does, did not allow the time or space to bring our visions to fruition when we initially hoped to do so. However, in 2020, when William and LaTia stumbled upon a 2016 statistic regarding “illiteracy in America,” the spark was reignited. At that time, in 2016, approximately 32 million adults in America were considered to be “illiterate,” which meant about 14% of the entire adult population couldn’t read. We knew, it was very important for us to do our part to help combat illiteracy. It is also important for us to create stories and content together that depict the Black family positively, and highlight our community.
We want to ensure that our son has stories that represent and uplift him as a child of color, and other children of color in a positive manner. Education & knowledge is also key, wealso want to make sure that he learns from the stories along the way! And, of equal importance, one that’s not often spoken of out loud, was the ability to create passive income and generational wealth for our family and future generations to come!
So here we are, Ties That Bind Publishing…..and, here you are! We’re so happy you’ve decided to join us on this journey and sincerely hope that you stay with us for the ride!
- Seriously: A Brief Guided Journal
- Let’s Heal: A Writing Journal
- Holy CAPTCHA: Password & Username Journal
- Keeper of Secrets: Password and Username Journal
- It’s Not Swearing Per Se: The Swear(ish) Coloring Book For Social Workers
- It’s Not Swearing Per Se: A Swear(ish) Coloring Book for Teachers
- Dear, Mama: Mother’s Day Adult Coloring Book
- Grace Permitted: A 52-Week Gratitude Journal
- Perfectly Tranquil Stress Diversions
- Live in Color: Positive Affirmations Coloring Book for Children